Get to Know Your Medjool Dates
Medjool dates, also known as “The fruit of Kings,” are considered one of the most nutritious foods that provide the body with great health benefits. Distinctively characterized by its caramel taste, it is a great addition to sweeten up and loading meals with vitamins and minerals
Medjool dates offer plenty of health benefits and are considered an incredible source of phytonutrients providing the body with the followings:
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Bone Health:Dates are rich in selenium, manganese, magnesium, calcium, and copper, all essential for healthy bones.
- Recommended for fighting anemiaDates are a good source of iron that helps fight anemia. Severe iron-deficiency causes tiredness, shortness of breath, and chest pain.
- Recent studies have shown that dates can empower our immune system, our body’s natural defense system. They are also rich in antioxidants helping to reduce inflammation in the body.
- Dates also help in preventing DNA damage, improve hormone regulation, and lowering risk of heart disease.
- Medjool dates are loaded with soluble fiber that helps control blood sugar levels and reduce blood pressure
- Studies have shown that the antioxidants found in Medjool dates helps regulate and reduce triglycerides and therefore reduces the risk of heart diseases.